Yard Waste Carts and Pick Up
- Yard waste is collected on Monday's during the months of April, May, June, October and November. Yard waste is collected every other Monday from July–September (see schedule below).
- The yard waste cart holds 95 gallons; the cost is $10 per dump. During April, October, and November the yard waste cart is $5 per dump. The charge is added to your monthly CFU bill.
- Yard waste is collected during December–March on a call in basis. To schedule a pick up call the Public Works Department at (319) 273-8629.
- If your yard waste cart was missed, please call the Public Works office by noon on Tuesday.
2023 July–September Schedule
- July 3rd, July 17th and 31st
- August 14th and 28th
- September 11th and 25th
Exceptions to the Collection Schedule
No Monday yard waste collection on:
- May 29th and September 4th
Paper Biodegradable Waste Bags
Paper biodegradable yard waste bags are no longer collected curbside. You may dispose of them at the transfer station or at the compost facility.
Transfer Station Information
The Transfer Station accepts yard waste daily during normal operations.
Yard Waste disposal fees are $0.75 per bag or $29.50 per ton. Residents may take their yard waste to the seasonal compost facility.
Compost Facility Hours
Monday–Friday 7:30 am–dusk
Saturday–Sunday 8 am–dusk
There is no fee for yard waste disposal at the compost facility.
Transfer Station Hours
- Monday–Friday 7 am–6 pm Summer hours (April- November)
- Monday–Friday 7 am–5 pm Winter hours (December- March)
- Saturday 8 am–3 pm
See the Yard Waste Collection Brochure for more information.