Beginning September 1, 2020, University Avenue from Progress Avenue to Greenhill Road will be shifted to the westbound lanes (north side) and University Avenue from west of Midway Drive to the west will no longer be head-to-head. During this time, you can expect the following:
- The University Avenue eastbound exit ramp will be closed. Access B will be open to traffic on the north side of University Avenue.
- Greenhill Road traffic will continue to have lane closures. Access will remain for Progress Avenue, Midway Drive, and the three other University Avenue and Greenhill Road ramps.
- Traffic for the University Avenue eastbound exit ramp will be detoured south on Progress to Greenhill Road.
- University Avenue traffic will continue to have lane closures from east of Greenhill Road to Falls Avenue.
- Traffic will remain closed on University Avenue from east of Knoll Avenue to west of Hwy 63/Sergeant Road and Fletcher Avenue, from Hope Martin Park to north of Joder Avenue.
- At the Knoll Avenue intersection, eastbound University Avenue and northbound Knoll Avenue traffic will be permitted to turn left.
During this time, University Avenue from Cedar Heights Drive to Knoll Avenue will remain open and access to the frontage roads will remain.
For safety purposes, please do not enter the construction area. Heavy equipment will be moving back and forth on the closed lanes. It would be advisable to remain behind the sidewalk on the property side during the reconstruction work.
To request road closure notices by e-mail, please e-mail them at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information can be viewed on the City of Waterloo’s website at http://www.cityofwaterlooiowa.com/departments/engineering/UniversityAve.php or their University Avenue Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/UniversityAveWaterloo/.