This board provides support and promotes arts and culture programming for the community, with financial support provided by the City Council, state and federal agencies, and individual community philanthropists. Board members also recommend policies for operations and programming, and gather information for the Hearst Center for the Arts. The Art and Culture Board was established by Section 17-134 of the City Code. The Art and Culture Board meets the fourth Wednesday of each month at 5:00pm at the Hearst Center for the Arts. All meetings are open to the public.
Seven members serve four-year terms:
- Kate Brennan Hall - Term ends 07/01/2023
- Matthew Wilson - Term ends 07/01/2023
- Peter Berendzen - Term ends 07/01/2024
- Lauren Finke - Term ends 07/01/2025
- Kendra Wohlert - Term ends 07/01/2025
- Anne Bonsall Hoekstra - Term ends 07/01/2026
- Toni Wilson Wood - Term ends 07/01/26
City Staff Liaison
Apply for Appointment
Submit the General Application on the Boards & Commissions homepage, and check the checkbox for this board/commission. You’ll be notified when a board opening occurs for further consideration.