The commission reviews policy, rules, regulations, ordinances, and capital improvements projects, relating to city parks, playgrounds, recreation and aquatic centers, golf courses, and other city-owned recreation-related services. The commission gives special attention to long-range planning and programming of parks and recreation activities. The commission works closely with other governmental agencies and many civic groups to provide recreational opportunities at minimum cost to all citizens.
The Parks and Recreation Commission was established by Section 17-166 of the City Code. Meetings are held the second Thursday of each month at 4:30pm at the Cedar Falls Recreation and Fitness Center. Meetings are open to the public.
Seven members serve three year terms:
- Erik Blanchard - Term ends 06/30/2023
- Alan Stalnaker - Term ends 06/30/2023
- Brian Bowman - Term ends 06/30/2024
- Clare Struck - Term ends 06/30/2024
- James Langel - Term ends 06/30/2025
- Leslie Nixon - Term ends 06/30/2025
- Kelsey Schreibel - Term ends 06/30/2025
City Staff Liaison
Apply for Appointment
Submit the General Application on the Boards & Commissions homepage, and check the checkbox for this board/commission. You’ll be notified when a board opening occurs for further consideration.