Per the May 13th state proclamation regarding COVID-19, learn how this impacts the reopening or continual closures of City facilities including City Hall, Public Library, the Hearst Center, Recreation and Fitness Center, and Visitors and Tourism Center:
City Hall will be reopening May 18 under regular hours, under COVID-19 restrictions, to the public. During this time, we will be implementing safety precautions to help protect both visitors and staff including:
- All City Hall visitors will be required to wear masks and must abide by social distancing rules. Staff will be wearing masks when interacting with the public as well. Signs will be positioned in City Hall notifying visitors of these requirements and social distancing marks will be in place on the floor to help visitors comply with guidelines.
- Visitors may only visit the front desk either upstairs or downstairs at City Hall. Plexiglass will be in place to provide a barrier between staff and visitors. Hand sanitizer stations will be set up at both windows and sanitation of all surfaces will be performed frequently.
Any citizen exhibiting symptoms of illness, including fever, shortness of breath, or cough, should not visit City Hall. The City does continue to encourage residents to conduct business online as much as possible. This includes using https://www.cf1stop.com/ to file for electronic permits. Residents can also complete service requests online at https://www.cedarfalls.com/requesttracker.aspx and look up department contact information at https://www.cedarfalls.com/directory.aspx. Police reports can be filed online at https://www.cedarfalls.com/1533/Report-a-Crime.
Recreation and Fitness Center
The Recreation and Fitness Center will be reopening, under COVID-19 restrictions, to the public on May 18 at noon. Following the opening day, the Center will be open Monday - Thursday, 5:00 AM to 9:30 PM; Friday, 5:30 AM to 8:00 PM; Saturday, 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM; Sunday, 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM.
- All patrons must wear masks and staff will also wear masks when interacting with the public.
- Only those with membership are allowed to use the facility. There will be no daily admission.
For more rules regarding Rec use, please click here.
Hearst Center for the Arts
Per state law, the Hearst will remain closed until at least May 27, 2020. Stay updated on their virtual classes and programs on their Facebook page @hearstcenter or visit thehearst.org.
Cedar Falls Public Library
The library will remain closed, however, no-contact curbside service will begin on May 20, 2020. Learn more by visiting cedarfallslibrary.org/ and follow them on Facebook @cedarfallspubliclibrary.
Visitors and Tourism Center
The Cedar Falls Visitors and Tourism Center will reopen on May 26, 2020. They will be operating under adjusted hours which will be Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- All visitors must wear masks, staff will also wear masks when interacting with the public.
- Signs and marks will be in place to help with social distancing as well as plexiglass barrier at the front desk.
- Visitor gift shop will remain open; however no cash will be accepted.
Please call (319) 268-4266 with any questions.
Stay updated on City announcements regarding COVID-19 and find local and national resources at www.cedarfalls.com/prepare.