The 2020 Cedar Falls Business and Industry Awards, presented by the City of Cedar Falls and Cedar Falls Utilities (CFU), will be held virtually on Cedar Falls Channel 15 starting August 20 at 7:00 p.m. with replays to follow.
The annual awards recognize the impact that area businesses and organizations have on the community.
“Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we were unable to host the Business and Industry Awards live but it remains important to celebrate the people and organizations that make our city thrive,” said Cedar Falls Mayor Rob Green. “This is particularly important during these challenging times as businesses and residents work to adjust to the impact of the virus. We continue to remain strong together thanks to their dedication.”
The ceremony also honors the Cedar Falls Representative Citizen of the Year and the winner of the CFU Energy Conservation Award.
“Cedar Falls Utilities is honored to be a part of this celebration,” said Steve Bernard, CFU General Manager. “We are grateful to serve a growing and innovative community. These awards provide an excellent opportunity for us to recognize some of the outstanding people that invest in the success of Cedar Falls.”
2020 Business and Industry Award Honorees
- Holiday Inn & Suites/Bien Venu Event Center: Recipient of the John Milton Overman Award- 2020 Continued Investor
- Place to Play Park (Beau’s Beautiful Blessings/Black Hawk County Gaming Association): Recipient of the John Milton Overman Award -2020 Quality of Life Partnership
- Buckeye Corrugated Inc., Cedar Falls Division: Recipient of the John Milton Overman Award- 2020 Reinvestor
- Hampton Inn, Cedar Falls Downtown: Recipient of the John Milton Overman Award- 2020 New Investor
- Fleet Farm/Midland Atlantic Development Co., LLC: Recipient of the John Milton Overman Award- 2020 New Investor
- Blackhawk Engineering LLC: Recipient of the John Milton Overman Award- 2020 CFU Energy Conservation Award
- Representative Citizen of the Year Award: Phyllis Carter