Trick-or-treat hours will take place in Cedar Falls on October 31, 2020, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
If citizens do not wish to participate in trick-or-treat, please leave your front light off. Trick-or-treaters should not visit homes that do not have their front light on.
As the nation continues to work through the COVID-19 pandemic, the CDC has advised the public not to participate in certain traditional Halloween activities including trick-or-treating, trunk-or-treating, indoor parties or haunted houses. You can learn more about their recommendations and suggestions for alternative celebrations at bit.ly/cdc0925.
If you will be out trick-or-treating this Halloween, the City of Cedar Falls and the Black Hawk County Health Department recommends these safety guidelines to help prevent the spread of the virus:
- Place individually wrapped items for ‘grab and go’ at a location that allows for social distancing (such as the end of the driveway)
- Do not hand out any candy or items directly to trick or treaters
- Do not leave bowls of items out for trick-or-treaters or offer the same bowl of items to multiple people
- The CDC recommends the use of a mask for individuals over the age of two, including outdoors, when social distancing is not possible
- Masks should be worn properly with the nose, mouth, and chin covered
- Only go out with members of your household
- Avoid crowds and allow others to go before you at a distance when trick-or-treating
- It is advisable to bring hand sanitizer when you are out trick-or-treating and use it often
The City will continue to work with local and state agencies to keep the community updated and informed regarding the virus. Visit bit.ly/CFprepare for announcements plus resources on COVID-19.