A public review draft of a new Downtown Zoning Code will be presented during a special virtual Cedar Falls Planning and Zoning Commission meeting on February 17, 2021, at 5:30 p.m. All members of the community are invited to attend this meeting and a question and answer period will follow the presentation. Agendas and meeting materials are available at www.cedarfalls.com/pzcommission.
The public may access/participate in the meeting in the following ways:
- By dialing the phone number +1 312 626 6799 or +1 929 205 6099 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782 and when prompted, enter the meeting ID (access code): 886 2008 9534
- iPhone one-tap: +13126266799,,88620089534# or +19292056099,,88620089534#
- Join via smartphone or computer using this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88620089534
- View the live stream on Channel 15 YouTube using this link: bit.ly/CFChannel15 (view only)
- Watch on Cedar Falls Cable Channel 15 (view only)
Beginning on February 18, the Public Review draft will also be available online at www.ourcedarfalls.com. Community members can view and submit questions or comments to Planning@cedarfalls.com regarding the draft on the website.
The updated zoning regulations are an important step in implementing the Imagine Downtown! Vision Plan, which was adopted by the Cedar Falls City Council in November 2019. The plan was the result of public workshops and events that took place in 2019, where community members were invited to share their feedback and ideas for the future of Downtown and surrounding neighborhoods. The adoption of new zoning regulations will encourage development that is consistent with the community’s vision.
The draft will be available for public consideration on the website for approximately one month before the Planning and Zoning Commission holds formal public hearings. Public input is invited at any time during the public review period and during the public hearings. Public hearings at the City Council will follow the Planning and Zoning Commission’s review, with final adoption anticipated by summer 2021. To learn more and sign up for email notifications to stay updated on the Imagine Downtown! project, visit www.ourcedarfalls.com.