Beginning September 19, 2022, the City's contractor, PCI, will be starting Phase II of the West 27th Reconstruction Project. This project is anticipated to be a two (2) year project with three significant stages. Below is a brief description of the work at each phase:
- Phase I – West 27th Street reconstruction from East of Panther Parkway to The Quarters at Cedar Falls (East of Greenhill Road)
- Phase II – Greenhill Road and 27th Street roundabout improvements and also Hudson Road signal and lane improvements
- Phase III – West 27th Street reconstruction west of Greenhill Road in front of new High School with two roundabouts improvements
Phase II work will consist of the removal of pavement, placement of underground utilities, repaving operations, and traffic signal installation. Work for this phase is anticipated to take four (4) months, depending on the weather. During this phase of construction:
- University of Northern Iowa (UNI) Tallgrass Prairie Center will remain open. Access from 27th Street will be closed. The driveway off Greenhill Road will be the only access point during Phase II of construction.
- The Quarters at Ceder Falls will remain open. The east driveway off 27th Street will remain open and will operate with two-way traffic throughout Phase II of construction.
- Hudson Road/27th Street Intersection will remain open in all directions. Individual lane closures as well as sidewalk closures will take place at approaches to this intersection at various times during Phase II of construction to accommodate traffic signal improvements. However, traffic will be maintained in all directions at this intersection throughout Phase II.
For safety's sake, please stay away from the construction area. For additional information about the West 27th Street Reconstruction Project, please visit the project webpage at www.cedarfalls.com/1646/West-27th-Street-Reconstruction. To receive road closure notices by email and/or text message, visit www.cedarfalls.com/notify and follow the instructions for road closures as shown.